Driver's License Information
Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles: (207) 624-9000 or BMV Online
- BMV Branch Office Locations: Find the BMV office nearest you.
- Forms and Applications: Save time at the BMV. Download forms here first.
You may be eligible to renew your license or order a replacement copy online.
- Duplicate Licenses
Lost your license? How to get another copy. Or use the online replacement service.
- Obtaining a Learner's Permit
Minimum age for driver's permit: 15
- Obtaining a License
Minimum age for driver's license: 16. Under 21 receives a provisional license for two years.
- Exam, License, and Renewal Fees
How much will it cost?
- Suspensions and Revocations of Licenses
How to get information about the status of a license.
- Organ Donor Information
You may express your intent to be an organ donor on your drivers license or online
You may order a report of your driving record online with a credit card ($7 per record).
- Privacy of Drivers' Personal Information
Find out how your personal information is protected and who is allowed to access it.
State ID Cards
Top Online Services
- Unclaimed Property Search & Claims
- Birth, Marriage, & Death Record Searches
- Assisted Living Facilities Search
- Burning Permits
- Dog Licensing